查看原文
其他

【不离】法王如意宝:越抱怨,越烦恼!

索达吉堪布 国际佛学网 2023-03-02

 

任何时候都别抱怨他人

Do Not Grumble about External Circumstances

 


当遭遇怨敌伤害时,浅慧之人的嗔心会油然而生,情不自禁就采取各种报复手段——

When harmed by enemies, those with little wisdom naturally respond with anger and cannot help adopting all kinds of revenge tactics.

 

当然,导致的后果也可想而知。

One can easily imagine the result.

 

释迦牟尼佛曾着重指出:所有痛苦与快乐,皆是源于自己以前的业力。

Shakyamuni Buddha emphasized that all suffering and happiness originate from our own past karma.

 

如果把受苦的原因怪罪于外境与别人,而不知励力忏悔业障,

If we place the blame for our suffering on external factors and other people instead of assiduously confessing our karmic obscurations,

 

那只会增上无边烦恼。

then boundless afflictions will only grow.



就像一个患了胆病的人,

It is just like people suffering from gallstones:

 

随意享用油腻食物,结果加重了病情,

If they indulge in greasy foods and their condition consequently worsens,

 

这时候他只该责怪自己,

they have only themselves to blame.

 

而不应迁怒于食物,对它大生嗔心。

They should not get angry at their food.


对外境生嗔,只会毁坏自己的今生后世。

Being angry at external circumstances can only ruin your present and future lives.

 

所以,包括自己在患病时,对病魔也不要嗔恨,

Thus, even when you are ill, do not be angry at your illness;

 

否则会让自己苦上加苦。

you will only heap suffering upon suffering.



一切祸害的根本,就是我们自己的心,

The root of all misery is none other than our own mind,

 

也可以说是往昔所造的罪业。

or one could say it is the unwholesome karma we created in the past.

 

若能通达这个道理,当苦难来临时,就知道这一切都是自作自受,

If we thoroughly understand this, then when misfortune strikes, we will know that we are merely reaping the fruits of our own actions.

 

便不会一味抱怨外境了。

Then we will not pointlessly grumble about external circumstances.

 

若再进一步观察,就会发现,所有痛苦的来源实际上是我执。

If we inquire further, we will discover that all suffering actually originates from attachment to the self.

 

只有从根本上斩断了我执,才能让痛苦荡然无存。

Only when we fundamentally uproot this attachment can suffering be dispelled.

 

诚如寂天菩萨所说:“世间一切灾害、恐怖和痛苦,皆从我执而生,既然如此,还留着我执这个大魔王做什么呢?”

It is truly as the bodhisattva Shantideva said:

All the harm with which this world is rife,

All the fear and suffering there is,

Clinging to the “I” has caused it!

What is the use of preserving this great demon?1



1. Shantideva, The Way of the Bodhisattva: A Translation of the Bodhicharyā-vatāra (revised edition), translated by the Padmakara Translation Group (Boston: Shambhala Publications, 2006), 8:134.


敬摘录 法王如意宝《不离》

His Holiness Jigme Phuntsok Rinpoche 《Always Present》



猜您还喜欢这些


1.婚姻家庭系列:公众号后台回复数字1 

2. 真实因果案例:公众号后台回复数字

3.不离连载系列:公众号后台回复数字

4. 心经连载系列:公众号后台回复数字

5. 金刚经连载系列:公众号后台回复数字

温馨提示:公众号后台,不是留言区哦~  






您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存